Church of the Sacred Heart
With a height of 92 meters, the tower of the Church of the Sacred Heart is the highest in the city. The Church of the Sacred Heart is visible from all access roads to Turnhout.
On May 9, 1896 the Official Gazette mentioned the establishment of the parish of the Sacred Heart in Turnhout. In June of the same year Petrus Verschueren was appointed parish priest and his first assignment was the construction of a church. In 1903 the first stone of the current church building was laid. On February 3, 1907, the church was solemnly inaugurated. The very pure neo-Gothic style typifies the Church of the Sacred Heart. The Provincial Commission for Monuments and Landscapes classified the church as a monument in 1999.
- Kerkplein 9-17
- Sundays at 9.30 am
- Tuesdays from 9 am to 6 pm(church free to visit)