Relax on the waterfront with your fishing rod and landing net. Within Turnhout there are three different places where you can fish.


You can go fishing at the following locations:

  • City Park
  • Dessel-Schoten Canal
  • Mellevijver (Melle pond)


As a resident of Turnhout from the age of 12, you can buy a fishing permit for the pond in the City Park. For a full year, you pay 10 euros as a single fisherman at the reception desk of the City Office. You will also receive the Turnhout fishing regulations.

If you prefer to fish on the Dessel-Schoten Canal or the Mellevijver, you need a different fishing permit. You can purchase this at the Post Office. This fishing permit also comes with fishing regulations.