St. Peter's Church
Although known by everyone as St. Peter's Church, the official name is actually St. Pieter and St. Barbara's decanal church.
The current church is built on an older, 13th-century place of worship, of which only the lower part of the tower remains. Between November 1739 and October 1740 radical repair and enlargement works were carried out based on the design by architect J.P. van Baurscheit de Jonge. The interior finishes and portal frames followed during the course of the third quarter of the 18th century. The sacristy and the chapter room above it date from the 19th century. In 1869, after a design by architect P.J. Taeymans, the upper tower section was realised in its current form.
Because the church is very old and has been rebuilt several times over the years, there is no style uniformity in the strict sense of the phrase. But you could say that the construction style is predominantly 'Kempen Gothic'.
- Grote Markt
- Tuesdays through Saturdays from 8.30 am to 5 pm
- Sundays and public holidays from 9.30 am to 5 pm
- Closed on Mondays
- Sundays at 11 am